OK. So every 8 (well maybe 9) out of 10 personal home pages you go to shout Me! Me! Me! Let's agree right now that we're not going to do that. OK? So if you really, really want to find out about Mike, then go to his Personal Page. OK? Cool. Or you could go to his daughter's resume page. She's a talented writer, researcher, and business librarian. Or you may want to check out his photo album.
Instead, why don't we explore some interesting topics and give you a bunch of links to sites that have something to do with them? Alright, yeah!
- What's New
- Photo Album
- Macintosh Computing
- Guitars, Music, Midi
- Orchids, Gardening, and Stuff
- Other Nifty Sites
Mike is a dyed in the wool Apple fanatic. He fell in love with Apples when he bought his first Apple II+ back in 1980. Later, his brothers, Dan & Tim, introduced him to the Mac, and he bought a Mac 512Ke. Since then he's fallen deeper into the quagmire of the Mac Fanatic. Here are some links to some cool MacIntosh sites.
- Apple Computer itself. I used to have an Apple Club link here, but they've disbanded Apple Club since Apple Computer has beefed up their site. They've included more stuff in their Apple Store and provided faster downloads for software updates.
Get some Mac stuff. I've bought stuff from all of the commercial vendors listed here and have been very pleased with their delivery and service. There's no particular order to this listing; it's just how the catalogs were stacked.
Other cool Mac sites:
- Mac|Life. An unbelievably cool magazine (with online CD) for Mac addicts, just like the name used to say (used to be called Mac Addict). If you're a Mac fan then this magazine is for you.
Mike likes music. He plays guitar. He owns an Takamine acoustic and a Yamaha acoustic. Here are some interesting sites:
- Kaman Corporation. Takamine and Ovation guitars and other music stuff. This is a super web page. One of my favorites.
- Fender Guitars . A household word in the world of guitars.
- Musician's Friend. A place to buy neat music stuff at really, really reasonable prices.
- Norton Music. This is a super site. Norton music is the #1 producer of Band-in-a-Box aftermarket products in the world. If you're a MIDI freak, this is the site for you. Lots of MIDI files to download and links to MIDI search sites. New goodies weekly.
- Orchid Web. The American Orchid Society Home Page.
- Orchids.net. A gob-o-links to orchid sites around the world.
- St.Lawrence Nurseries. All kinds of fruit, nut, and shade trees bred to survive the severe northern winters.
- Kremp Florist: Orchidaceae: A Guide to the Orchid Flower Family This site was suggested by Bethany from Alliance Charter Academy in Oregon City, Oregon. Thanks, Bethany.
- Chapel Rock Christian Church It takes a little while to load but it's pretty cool.
- I retired from Wood-Mizer Products on March 15, 2004. It's a great place to work. Tremendous atmosphere, good benefits, and lot's of fun. They make portable sawmills and articulating lawnmowers at their Lastec Division. They're always hiring someone (booming business) so check them out!
- eeps. This is the company that my kid brother, Tim, and his wife Meg own. They publish educational materials that are truly amazing. Great stuff.
- Jet Propusion Laboratory. Where my brother, Dan, works. This site has some really cool stuff. See if you can find the Rover screen saver. They also have also explained an interesting theory on how the universe was formed... incorrect, but interesting nonetheless.